In with the new year and out with the old one. 2017 started and ended with several good surprises for me but it also brought me a job lay off, some business disappointments and a couple of strained personal relationships.
As 2017 has come to an end, let me share with you the realities of life that I have learned this year.
1. Misfortunes are blessings in disguise.
2. Never count unhatched chicks.
Related Post: The 7 Biggest Lessons I Learned From Investing in 2017
3. There is no such thing as over-preparation.
4. Social Media is both a boon and a bane.
5. Dreams do come true.
6. Humility does not mean being a doormat.
7. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
8. The grass will be greener when watered.
9. Love spells T-I-M-E.
10. Money cannot buy happiness but, it can provide peace of mind.
11. Being wealthy does not mean wearing expensive or trendy clothes.
Related Post: “Mom, Are We Rich?”
12. Not having cash does not mean being poor.
Related Post: 18 Ways Parents Can Save Money in 2018
13. We all have the same 24 hours.
14. Everyone has an unfair advantage.
15. Home, like Love, has many definitions.
16. Traditions are not set in stone.
17. Life is short.
Do you think this article helped you think deeper about the past year? Do you have regrets or lessons from 2017? I would appreciate a comment or two. If you know people who can benefit from my favorite lists, please use the social icons to share!
Hope you take this moment to reflect on life,